“Achievement for all”
Conway aims to:
1. Promote the highest possible standards of achievement and the development of all pupils’ full potential.
2. Develop as inclusive schools, fostering positive attitudes to learning and behaviour and developing pupils’ skills teamwork and independence.
3. Provide a learning environment in which pupils can build the foundations of lifelong learning and develop into balanced, enterprising and mature adults.
4. Provide a secure environment where pupils know how to assess risks, are confident to try new things and know how to keep themselves safe.
5. Support vulnerable pupils and provide the care they need to overcome barriers to their well-being and learning.
6. Involve parents, governors and the community in the learning process, emphasising the importance of good attendance, the home school partnership and the community curriculum.
7. Promote tolerance, respect and a value for all people, their beliefs and their culture.
8. Support all staff in their personal and professional development for the benefit of the school as a whole.
9. Give pupils and staff opportunities to celebrate and share their cultural backgrounds, with the whole school community. To build self-esteem and the confidence to uphold personal, moral and spiritual values within a secure and diverse learning environment.
10. Respect and care for the school buildings and grounds and the property of others.
11. Ensure the equality of opportunity for all pupils and staff, taking into account their gender, ethnicity, cultural heritage, religion and ability.
12.Be a forward looking federation, making positive contributions and prepared to embrace new ideas, working in partnership with networks of schools and other agencies to promote high standards.
Promoting British values at Conway Primary School
A guide for our pupils -
Rule of Law
Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs