Dear Parents and Carers,
Parent members of Local Advisory Board make a valuable contribution to children’s education, opportunities and futures.
School is a big part of your child's life,having your child’s best interests at heart means that you'll also have the school’s best interests at heart, which makes you committed to the school’s continuous improvement to benefit your child and every child that attends the school.
Are you interested in making a positive contribution to your children’s education?
• Becoming a member of the Local Advisory Board could be just the opportunity you are looking for.
• You don’t need to be an expert in educational issues.
• The most important contributions you can offer are time and enthusiasm.
• You will have the opportunity to contribute ideas and influence decisions.
• You will be given training and support to help you in your role.
By becoming a member of the Local Advisory Board, you will have an opportunity:
• To work as part of a team
• To play an important part in raising standards
• To help ensure that every child at the school reaches their full potential
• To make an important contribution to your local community
• To apply and extend your skills and knowledge.
How much time is involved?
• You will need to be able to give time to this role.
• You will need to be able to attend meetings, at a time to suit the group, and set aside time to prepare for meetings and read up on relevant issues.
• You will usually attend one Local Advisory Board meeting each term.
• As a Local Advisory Board member, you may be invited to attend a range of events, during non-Covid times.
If you are interested in becoming a parent local advisor, please read the attached advert and read the information pack by clicking on this link.
Please contact the school office,(0121-675-0622) speak to Mrs Bowater to access the online application form.
Interim Head Of School