24rd February 2021
Dear Parents and Carers,
Reopening of Schools from 8th March and Easing of Lockdown
On Monday night, the Prime Minister announced the first stage of lifting the lockdown rules and that all children will return to school on or shortly after March 8th. After a long and hard few weeks of remote learning, we are looking forward to welcoming back our pupils.
We are now making plans to reopen school. The new guidance from Department of Education will be released to schools later this week. I therefore hope to be able to update you further, with our reopening plans towards by the beginning of next week.
First stage of lifting Lockdown Restrictions
Step 1 8th March
* Schools & colleges are open for all students
* Recreation or exercise outdoors with household or one other person - NO households mixing indoors
* Wraparound childcare
* Sat at home
* Funerals (30), wakes and weddings (6)
* Rule of 6 or two housholds outdoors. NO household mixing indoors
* Outdoor sport & leisure facilities
* Organised outdoor sport allowed (children & adults)
* Minimise travel - No holidays
* Outdoor parent & child groups (up to 15 parents)
I'd like to thank parents and carers for the support you have given the school over this period. Your kindness and your messages have meant a huge amount to all of us.
Interim Head of school